Hopefully I get somewhere to live soon, as the stress of trying to find somewhere, coupled with the stress of making sure I’m packed, coupled with uni (and not being able to get readings done as I’m packing and trying to find somewhere to live) is making me sleep deprived, lose weight, and almost go off my nut at children at work.
my grandpa has a date tonight and hes really old and in a wheelchair and has to drag around this breathing machine but hes just sitting there waiting for the hospice shuttle to take him to pick up his date and he looks suPER EXCITED and its the cutest thing ive ever seen
update he came home and i asked him how it went and he said, “i should have taken an extra tank of oxygen because she took my BREATH AWAY”
no i’m not gonna lend you my pencil because if i lend you my pencil then you’ll want my calculator and then you’ll want austria and czechoslovakia and then you’ll end up invading poland and i will not have that shit
The across the hall housemate disappears, leaving her car behind mine in the driveway, no keys and not answering her phone. I managed to perform some evasive manoeuvres, (pulling into the garage, hard turning, reversing through trees and eventually out through the neighbours driveway) but she is lucky that her car is still in one piece. It’s not like I had errands or anything to run today.
I can definitely feel the next month or so will bring some of the hardest emotional upheaval that I have had to deal with since my last bout of severe depression, and I have no idea how I will cope, or if I will cope. Not looking forward to it at all.
Anxiety attacks are the worst because sometimes you have no idea why you’re crying or angry and you just think of everything wrong in your life and you can’t control it all you can do is breath in and out and cry it out
You had no idea of what challenges were in store for you, and although you might not realise what they are, you will rise to them magnificently. Realise that the bad times might be awful, but you can rise above it. The good times will make it worth it. Follow your heart and your dreams. They will take you to places that you will never know, and make you do things that you never thought you could do. Find someone who can make you happy, and that will always make smile. When you find him, never let him go.
You’re stronger than you give yourself credit for, and braver then you realise.
a friendly tip: if you feel the urge to self harm get an ice cube and hold it in your hand for a while. it relieves the compulsion in a less destructive way. therapists have used this with their patients and i have tried it myself it works pretty well
Okay wow this is now my favourite post on Tumblr. Signal boost into infinity.
It works because the cold activates the same pain receptors as cutting does, except it doesn’t leave a permanent mark. Wherever you hold/run the icecube may be cold/sore/red for a little while, and that is usually enough. My psychologist explained this to me.
1) When you’re at some party, chain smoking on the roof with some strange girl with blue hair and exorbitant large dark eyes, ask her about her day. I promise you, you won’t regret it. Often times you’ll find the strangest of people have the most captivating of stories to tell.
2) Please, never mistake desire for love. Love will engulf your soul, whilst desire will emerge as acid, slowly making it’s way through your veins, gradually burning you from the inside out.
3) No one is going to fucking save you, anything you’ve read or heard otherwise is bullshit.
4) One day a boy is going to come along who’s touch feels like fire and who’s words taste like vanilla, when he leaves you, you will want to die. If you know anything at all, know that it is only temporary.
5) Your mental health comes before school baby, always. If its midnight, and you have an exam the next day but your hands have been shaking for the past hour and a half and you’re not so sure you want to be alive anymore, pull out that carton of Ben and Jerry’s and afterwards, go the fuck to bed. So what if you get a 68% on the exam the next day? You took care of yourself and at the end of the day that will always come before a high test score. To hell with anyone who tells you differently.
Me: SEXUALLY BASED OFFENSES ARE CONSIDERED ESPECIALLY HEINOUS. IN NEW YORK CITY, THE DEDICATED DETECTIVES WHO INVESTIGATE THESE VICIOUS FELONIES ARE MEMBERS OF AN ELITE SQUAD KNOWN AS THE SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT. THESE ARE THEIR STORIES. DUN-DUN.